The Lincolnshire MMM Prize draw has been run for the past few years to excellent effect by the team of WBros Mike Robinson, Phil Anyan and Chris Oates. It has raised a tremendous amount for the MBF towards our Provincial total. This team have decided that they wish to step down in September 2018 as the Festival in Lincolnshire is over.
The Provincial Grand Master has decided that he would like the draw to continue with the same great momentum that has already been built up. To this effect he has authorised WBros Andy Carr, Trevor Burton and Steve Roberts to act as the new committee for running the draw.
The PGM wishes that, after running expenses attributable to the prize draw are deducted, the remainder of receipts will be allocated to the General Fund of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lincolnshire and further distributed by and at the discretion of the Provincial General Purposes Committee.
The continuing lottery does not require a licence and comes under the Gambling Commission category of a Private Society lottery. This means several small changes to the rules have had to be made, as provided for under rule 18 of the draw.
What does this mean for you?
You are entitled to a copy of the new rules, found overleaf.
All monies up to and including those paid in September were included in the scheme under the previous rules and distributed accordingly. By Sept 30th the account balance will stand at £0.00
Any monies paid in and collected from 1st October onwards will accumulate quarterly for the next draw.
The Provincial Grand Master sincerely hopes that existing members will continue to support the draw and that charity stewards will continue to promote it as an easy way to support the aims or our Order and worthy causes.
If you wish to still be in with a chance of wining a prize, you need do nothing, the usual banking arrangements will still apply.
Remember - there are still very good odds on winning a sizeable cash prize, and we encourage you to maintain the great impetus that our previous committee have built up.
Yours Sincerely and Fraternally,
WBros Andy Carr, Trevor Burton and Steve Roberts
Lincolnshire MMM Prize Draw committee
1. Each Number will cost £5 per month.
2. Payment will be by Standing Order.
3. Numbers will be allocated by the Committee in numerical order, in order of application and payment.
4. Members can purchase as many numbers as they wish to.
5. Numbers can only be purchased by members.
6. Any member ceasing to pay their monthly fee will immediately cease to be eligible for any future draws in respect of the relevant number(s)
7. Twenty (20) percent of all receipts will be allocated to the prize fund.
8. There will be four draws per annum and the number of live numbers at each draw will determine the prize level for each subsequent draw
9. After running expenses attributable to the prize draw are deducted, the remainder of receipts will be allocated to the General fund of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Lincolnshire and further distributed by and at the discretion of the Provincial General Purposes Committee.
10. Winnings will be posted to the winners as soon as possible after each draw.
11. A register of members will be held by the Committee.
12. Members will receive a letter, or email, from the Committee confirming their number(s) allocated upon receipt of their first payment.
13. A dedicated bank account will be held by the Committee which will receive all monthly payments by Standing Order for each number allocated, for the payment of the prize money, and the payment of necessary expenses. There will be 2 out of 3 designated signatories required for all cheques.
14. The Committee will consist of three members who must be members of the Lincolnshire Province of Mark Master Masons.
15. Two auditors shall be nominated by the Provincial Grand Master of Lincolnshire annually.
16. Copies of the audited accounts will be distributed to the Charity Steward of each Lodge of M.M.M and R.A.M., in Lincolnshire, each year for members' inspection.
17. It is the responsibility of any prize winner to ensure that their income liabilities are complied with (income tax etc.).
18. The Committee reserve the right to change the rules of the scheme at any time.
These rules are available on the provincial website, and from the committee members.
A copy is given to every member on application for a draw number.
The next draws will take place:
Tuesday 11/12/2018 St Matthew MMM, Barton
Monday 25/03/2019 St. Guthlac MMM, Deeping St James
Thursday 20/06/2019 Leonard Anderson MMM, Boston
Wednesday 25/09/2019 St. Swithun's MMM (I), Crowle
Friday 13/12/2019 Henage RAM (I), Cleethorpes